Colorado Conservation Voters turns conservation values into Colorado priorities by advocating for strong environmental policies, endorsing conservation-minded candidates, and holding elected officials accountable.
Since the organization’s founding in 1998, CCV has successfully built bipartisan conservation majorities in the Colorado Legislature and Governor’s Office by endorsing pro-environment candidates in the most competitive races, working for passage of priority legislation and holding elected officials accountable through their annual Conservation Scorecard. CCV is widely seen as one of the most effective political and advocacy organizations in the state.
A candidate for Online/Field organizer will have strong campaign, field, and organizational skills, as well as a passion for protecting Colorado’s environment. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct CCV’s online work through Facebook, Twitter, Flicker and an online activist network;
- Run online action campaigns;
- Work in coalition with conservation leaders and other allies to win pro-conservation policy agendas;
- Work on special projects including national and local campaigns;
- Tie social media campaigns to other communications work with both online press, blogs and traditional press;
- Work with staff to grow and expand the current activist lists and online networks.
Applicants must have a strong personal commitment to CCV’s mission. Experience and skills include:
- Strong experience in offline and online mobilization and coalition building;
- Nuts and bolts organizing experience, and an understanding of what motivates folks to take action;
- Superior innovation, creativity and strategic experience around messaging and communication;
- Experience with volunteer management highly desired;
- Strong communications, media, public speaking skills preferred;
- Knowledge of environmental issues and political landscape preferred;
- Passion for organizing and working as part of a team to mobilize people and win is a must.
This is a part-time hourly position in our downtown Denver office reporting to the Program Director. This position will pay $13-$17/hour based on experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should summarize your relevant experience and why you’d be a good fit for this position.
CCV is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Civic Engagement Intern
Do you love hiking, fishing, camping, hunting and the outdoors? Do you want to make a difference and gain valuable, hands on work experience?
Colorado Conservation Voters Education Fund (CCVEF) seeks an intern to join our staff to help run projects to boost participation of environmental voters, and to preserve and protect our wilderness and waterways. CCVEF was founded in 2002 to provide education and training to increase the effective participation of conservationists in the political arena and to educate legislators, the media and the public about outdoor issues facing Colorado today.
The civic engagement intern will work on several special programs, including our campaigns to stop global warming, to boost engagement of pro-conservation voters in target areas, and to help protect our water, public health and wildlife through safe and responsible drilling practices.
We seek a self-starter who is entrepreneurial, creative, and who works well both independently and as part of a team. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational and basic computer skills are required.
Possible college credit
Contact Faith Winter for more information.